I just read a post on Rachel Hollis' blog that challenged me to make a joy list. A joy list is not just a list of things that make me temporarily happy, but a list of things that bring me joy down to my soul.
Here are 10 of mine, in no particular order:
1) Teaching Fitness Classes - especially BIG ones. The energy in the room is electrifying and I get so energized from the possibility of making my participants’ days and lives just a little happier and healthier!
2) Long drives in the countryside with the windows down, sunroof open, and music blaring.
3) Palm trees.
4) Reading without a time limit & allowing myself to become completely immersed in the book.
5) Enjoying a slow cup of dark, black coffee. Especially if it involves a porch with a view.
6) Disney World
7) Long dinners with friends or family when you laugh until your belly hurts.
8) Runs in nature where I can let my mind run wild.
9)Travelling to places where the views or architecture take my breath away. Marvelling in the greatness of it all.
10) Writing Instagram captions from the heart. I feel so accomplished when I take the time to sit down and write out a well-thought out caption with a message I believe will help others. If something I write can help even one person get stronger & be more confident, it is worth it!
Just as Rachel challenged me, I’m challenging YOU to make a joy list. You don’t need to share it, but take a 10 minutes to sit down and write out a list of things that make you feel true joy. If you don’t have a journal, write it in the notes on your phone!
Now ask yourself, how can you add more joy to your week, this week?? Ready? Set, Go!